Sunday, April 4, 2010

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Just about everyone has heard the phrase "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". For those that have bought a resto project, it's doubtful anything could hold as true.
Spring has sprung here in New York. There's still a bit of salt on the roads, so we haven't driven Eleanor yet. But we sure did start her up and warm her up! While I was standing in the garage, waiting for her to heat up, I was admiring her rear. Yup, her rear. She's got a nice one-now! I was actually on the drivers side, which didn't have a big dent but we still had to replace the skin. I just can't get over how great she looks now, and how I didn't really think she looked bad at all when we bought her.
I got to thinking other gearheads out there must feel the same about the projects they bring home. Isn't it funny how they don't look THAT bad when you pick them up? Even as we went through the process, she seemed bad, but not basket case bad. And then, we went and looked back at the photos from the beginning to now. And I started to question our sanity! I mean really, what were we thinking?! I guess we were thinking she looked beautiful to us, and it's probably a good thing too.
Here's to project cars and the beauty we all see in them!